Snow Monkey Park - Nagano
The Japanese snow monkey park is one of the most popular spots for skiers and snowboarders from overseas.
We visited there early 2011. We'll show you our little adventure!
Here we are! The entrance of the Snow Monkey Park. Did you know that it would be about a 20 - 25 minute walk to the actual park from here?
What?! Nice Japanese English..
This little track along a river will take you to the snow monkey park. Not suitable to take a pram or a stroller if you are travelling with young children. It can be icy, wet or muddy depending on the weather. We were wearing normal shoes that day.
After a 20 minute walk, you'll see an old ryokan on the other side of the river and the ticket office up on the right.
Entry fee: Adult - 500 yen / Child (5-12) - 250 yen
A view from the ticket office. That looks dangerous, Mr. Monkey!
You can go as close as this! But don't tease them!!
Oh No! Would you like a towel? Brrrrrrrr
- One day snow monkey tours are operated from Hakuba, Nozawa Onsen and Myoko.
- If you are dropping in on your way to / from Shiga Kogen, get off the Nagaden bus at Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi. You can leave your luggage at the Shiga Kogen Roman museum for 500 yen per person, that includes the entry fee to the museum. Remember! It is a 20-25 minute walk from the entrance to the actual park.
- From Tokyo, catch Nagano Shinkansen to Nagano station and then Nagaden Bus to Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi.
- If you are travelling with babies or young children, we would recommend using baby backpack carriers.
- The surface can be wet and muddy, snow boots would be the best to be worn.
Official website - https://www.jigokudani-yaenkoen.co.jp/english/html/top_e.htm