Nozawa House is set in the best position in the Village. Able to ski back to your front door and still only a short stroll to the heart of the village. Located at the top of the village and close to the people-mover that takes you up to the Hikage Gondola and Ski School.
All this and with no immediate neighbors enjoy a private, tranquil holiday escape. Just the noise of the mountain stream flowing by!
Enjoy magnificent views out over the forest, ski lifts and across the valleyand village.
Hot spring is just 50m from the front door – perfect after a hard day on the slopes.
- The house has three Bedrooms – one with double bed, one with two bunk beds to sleep 4 and one Japanese style with Futons to sleep 2 or 3. It sleeps 8 people comfortably in a blend of Western and Japanese style. There are two toilets, one on the ground floor and one on the second & both with wash basins. One Shower room with a big bath that looks out over the stream below. Great kitchen with all you need, fridge, microwave, gas stove and more. Open Dining area with magic views over the village and valley beyond. Cozy chill out living room with DVD player, Stereo and big TV. Ski storage area downstairs so can ski back to your front door.
- Check in 3:00pm / check out 10:00am
Rates: 55,250 - 65,000 yen per house per night
We had two families (4 adults 5 children) stay at Nozawa House in the first week of April 2012.
The location is great with everything being walking distance, and I think it would be even better earlier in the ski season when you can ski back directly to the house. Because we were there pretty much in spring, the road had just been cleared and also the Hikage Gondola was no longer running. Still, Gabriel our host was very helpful in providing all of us a lift every morning to the main gondola that was still running so there was plenty of fresh snow and good skiing.
There was a starter food pack when we first arrived which was handy indeed but Gabriel also took us to the supermarket to get more supplies and provided good advice on restaurants and the local onsens.
As for the house itself, it suited our families very well. The kids loved being together in the bunk room. We preferred the very roomy Japanese style room and our friends slept in the bedroom on the top floor. The lounge is cozy, the dining area has stunning views and the selection of movies available is endless.
The place is highly recommended.
- Closest chairlift - Yu-road (People Mover) - 150 m
- Train station - Togari Nozawa Onsen - 5 km
- Restaurants and bars - 300 m
- Supermarket - 350 m
- Child care - 300 m
- Rental shop & ski school - 300 m
Nozawa Onsen is a tradional Japanese hot spring village with an amazing variety of snow located in the Nagano region.
Nozawa Onsen is a traditional Japanese Village first and a snow resort second. It is actually a residential village as well as a historic Onsen town. At the same time you enjoy skiing and snowboarding, you can see the real Japanese culture and life. The resort consists of 24 courses with two gondolas and 17 chairlifts. English ski and snowboard lessons are available.
It is about 80 minutes by Shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo to Iiyama station. There is the shuttle bus from Iiyama station to Nozawa Onsen which takes only 25 minutes. After bookiing your accommodation with us we will send you all travel indormation to make transit from the airport an easy and enjoyable experience.