Shochikubai is the only luxury self-contained holiday house in the area, which promises you a comfortable stay in its spacious floor design. The house is 270 sqm and features stylish contemporary Japanese decor.
Unwind by the fireplace looking out of the French windows, where foxes and squirrels often visit. The Japanese tatami entertainment room is the perfect way to experience Japanese comfort. It stands in a well-appointed residential neighbourhood yet is still a stone throw away from the slopes.
- 3 bedrooms (2 x twin rooms, 1 x double room)
- Bathroom - toilet, shower & bath tub
- 2 x toilets
- Laundry - waching machine, dryer, waching powder, iron, ironing board
- Living area - plasma TV, DVD player, satellite TV with English channels, BOSE speakers, fireplace (gas stove)
- Tatami room (2nd living room) - TV and four Japanese style chairs on Tatami mats
- Study room (3rd living room) - TV, sofa and table
- Kitchen - oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee percolater, rice cooker, dishwasher with detergent, large fridge, breakfast counter
- Storage - heated entrance area for skis, snowboards and outerwears
- double garage
Check in 16:00 / check out 10:00
Rates 85,000 yen per night for up to 6 guests
1st December - 28th February 85,000 yen per night for up to 6 guests
1st March - 31st March 70,000 yen per night for up to 6 guests
Extra futon bed 5,000 yen per person per night
I am more than happy to recommend your services – absolutely excellent!!! You are a delight to book through. Shochikubai was superb – beautifully maintained and presented. As you know this was our second stay and it was as good as the first. Mr Tatsumi was very courteous, willing and prompt with regard to any of our requests. The wildlife outside our picture window day and night amused us greatly. Furano is a great resort for those who prefer an authentic japanese experience but don’t tell anyone because I would hate to spoil it with multitudes of visitors!! There is a fabulous cheesecake shop barely 50 metres from the house – yum!! Well done Hisae! Have attached some photos – not very good I’m afraid – too busy living the moment!!
Cheers Sally J :)
- Closest chairlift - Kitanomine Gondola Station - 500 m
- Mountain shuttle bus - 50 m
- Train station - Furano - 3 km
- Bus stop - Furano Prince Hotel - 50 m
- Restaurants and bars - Kitanomine Area
- Supermarket - 3 km
- Childcare - 500 m
- Rental shop & ski school - 500 m
Furano is located in Hoakkaido and is 1209 m high.
It is famous for light dry powder but with less crowds than Niseko. The ski resort has a variety of terrain suitable for all levels of skiers from beginner to advanced. There are two magic carpet escalators accessed slopes for children. To challenge yourself, there are ungroomed powder runs and steep cruisers that have been used for FIS world cup races in the past.
There are many backcountry tours and guides avaialble in Furano. Some people base themselvise in Furano to explore the Central Hokkaido such as Tomamu, Asahidake, Tokachidake and Sahoro.
The closest international airport is the New Chitose Airport, but depending on your country of origin you may have to fly into Tokyo first. The easiest mode of transport is the Hokkaido Resort Liner which leaves from New Chitose Airport daily and takes about 3 hours to reach Tomamu.There are two zones in Furano. Kitanomine Zone has a little village with restaurants & shops and most of accommdoations are located in this area. The other area is the Furano Zone. New Furano Prince Hotel is the only accommodation in this area.