Why not add a night of Japanese culture to your Hakkoda snow trip without adding any extra nights to your trip.
The Nebuta or Neputa Matsuri Festival runs for only one week in August with a series of events held throughout the Aomori region where Hakkoda is lcoated. But, the Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya has replicated this authentic festival for you to experience at any time of the year. Japanese peolpe travel from all over Japan to experience it.
Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya offers a free pick up from your accommodation in Hakkoda in the afternoon. You can enjoy your skiing or snowboarding on your last day at Hakkoda then catch this free shuttle to spend your last night in the Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya and not sacrifice any snow time! Below is our suggested itnerary.
Last day on the snow at Hokkoda
- ski most of the day and get off the snow about 2:30 pm.
- 15:00-15:30 Pick up from your accommodation in Hakkoda by the hotel free shuttle
- 18:00 Arrive & check in at Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya
- 18:45 Michinoku Matsuriya Course Dinner
- 19:45 Matsuri Show starts
- 21:30 Enjoy the peaceful & beutiful Outdoor Onsen "Ukiyu"
- 22:15 Have some drink at the Yottemare Sakaba Bar in the Yukata (kimono) gown
Japan departure day
- 8:00 Breakfast at Nore Sore Syokudo
- 9:00 Go for a morning fresh walk around the park. Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya has a massive park with a pond and historical authentic buildings.
- 11:00 Depart from Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya to JR Hachinohe station
- 11:40 Arrive at JR Hachinohe station to catch the Shinkansen to Tokyo
The Neputa Matsuri Festival will begin as soon as you enter the hotel & the theme will be carried throught your entire stay. It is not just a few hours of entertainment.
You will be served some hot apple juice made from local apples on arrival. Aomori is famouse for Apples!
Enjoy a traditional Japapanese dinner before the evening show.
The Michinoku Matsuriya Show during your dinner
The peaceful & beutiful Outdoor Onsen "Ukiyu"
Have some drink at the Yottemare Sakaba Bar in the Yukata (kimono) gown
The puplic space is decorated just like the real "Matsuri" festival.
Have a nice sleep in the confortable room.
Breakfast at the Nore Sore Syokudo restaurant. It is a buffet style. They will dish up your rice and Miso soup for you!
The map of the whole resort. Enjoy the fresh morning walk after breakfast.
There are traditional buildings which you can also have a look inside.