2nd February 2023
We loved the accomodation and people (staff) at Akakura Hotel Central.
Great location, great little town and the nearby mountains were great to visit too.
Joey and some older guy (forgotten his name) gave us lifts to Lotte Aria and Suginohara and they were awesome.
The Lotte Aria onsen was very memorable after a big day of powder skiing and the 8.5 km run at Suginohara was fun to ski on stop!
We heard that Akakura Central was being sold and that it will be either renovated or demolished?
We hope it is renovated because we loved it,
27th January 2023
The trip was great and we had nearly 3 metres of snow in 2 weeks!! Once again you did a great job with the accommodation, no hassles.
The Central Hotel was what we expected, it was very dated & in need of a good makeover. The heating system in the hotel was non existent the rooms had an old reverse cycle air con unit.
The position of the hotel was great, near lifts & village.
The staff at the hotel were excellent, the rooms comfortable but basic, good breakfast with plenty of choice.
The hotel was good value for what we paid.
Early Feb 2020
The accommodation overall was great for the following reasons:
• My Japanese style room was large for one person. The floor mattresses are firm but I slept ok. The hot water didn't work in the rooms whilst I was there but this wasn't a problem for me as I didn't have a shower, only a hand basin.
• They have two male and female onsens which were great.
• Breakfast was within expectations.
• The place was full of older Australians that get senior lift pass tickets. I think they get a lot of repeat bookings from these people.
• The location is good with ski in and out from across the road of the hotels front door. It is a short walk to the main street for restaurants.
• I would stay here again as opposed to the Myoko Ski Lodge.