Add a night of Japanese culture to your Hakkoda snow trip
The Nebuta or Neputa Matsuri Festival runs for only one week in August with a series of events held throughout the Aomori region where Hakkoda is lcoated. But, the Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya has replicated this authentic festival for you to experience at any time of the year. Japanese peolpe travel from all over Japan to experience it.
You can travel from Hakkoda to Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya add spend one or two nights at this beautiful Onsen hotel. Below is our suggested itnerary. Please note that the bus schedule may change without notice. Please check your itinerary with us.
After checking out at Hokkoda
- 12:17 Catch the JR bus from Ropeway to Yakiyama
- 13:23 Arrive at Yakiyama bus stop. Walk to Oirase Keiryu Hotel for 5 minutes & wait for the free shuttle for Aomoriya
- 15:15 Depart from Oirase Keiryu Hotel for Aomoriya
Spend your last night in Japan at Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya
- 16:15 Arrive & check in at Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya
- 18:00 Dinner
- 19:30 Enjoy the peaceful & beutiful Outdoor Onsen "Ukiyu"
- 21:00 Michinoku Matsuri Show (Booking required)
- 22:00 Have some drink at the Yottemare Sakaba Bar in the Yukata (kimono) gown
The Neputa Matsuri Festival will begin as soon as you enter the hotel & the theme will be carried throught your entire stay. It is not just a few hours of entertainment.
Spacious lounge area
The peaceful & beutiful Outdoor Onsen "Ukiyu"
Michinoku Matsuri Show
Have some drink at the Yottemare Sakaba Bar in the Yukata (kimono) gown
The puplic space is decorated just like the real "Matsuri" festival.
Have a nice sleep in the confortable room.
On the next day...
- 8:00 Breakfast at Nore Sore Syokudo
- 9:00 Go for a morning fresh walk around the park. Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya has a massive park with a pond and historical authentic buildings.
- 11:00 Depart from Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya to JR Hachinohe station
- 11:40 Arrive at JR Hachinohe station to catch the Shinkansen to Tokyo
There are traditional buildings which you can also have a look inside.