Akane-yado is conveniently located between Furano Resort and a famous back country mountain, Tokachidake. You could decide where to ski/board depending on the weather. The owner manager is an expert in the area so he will tell you the best spot.
It is a renovated residential pension. It has an amazing view, it is quiet, it is peaceful, you will have a beautiful view of the mountains from your room and the owner will give you an insight into Japanese life and culture.
free pick up & drop off from Naka Furano Station
breakfast & dinner included
English speaking staff
Tatami Room (2-3 guests)
tatami room with 2~3 futon beds
Western Twin Room (2 guests)
two single beds
Private rooms : 6,900 yen per person per night including accommodation and breakfast and dinner
1/12 - 31/3 6,900 yen pp/pn
Dormitory : 5,400 yen per person per night including accommodation and breakfast and dinner
1/12 - 31/3 5,400 yen pp/pn
child 6-12: same as pp/pn rate
Akane-yado is located 18 km from Furano Resort. They have a free pick up & drop off from Naka Furano Station and of course from Furano Resort.
closest resort - Furano - 18 km
closest train station & bus stop - Naka Furano - 10 km (15 minutes car ride)
restaurants and bars - 15 km
supermarket - 12 km
child care - 18 km
rental shop & ski school - 15 km
Mid February 2017
We enjoyed our time there. Very friendly hosts and authentic Japanese experience. Possibly a little too far out of town though. We did a mixture of alpine touring and downhill skiing. Unfortunately we didn’t have great snow for the first part of our trip but we all thought it would be great to ski with fresh powder. We came back to Furano for a day of slack country skiing and it was very nice.
I found your service to be excellent. Very helpful and prompt.
Late December 2016
Resort1. Great resort for beginners. The green hill is wide and long, allowing for beginners to space out on the slope so it's less likely that they'll bump into each other. There are several ski schools that operate on the hill and youre bound to be able to get a lesson if youre willing to share a session with strangers.
2. There is a counter where english speaking guests can raise their questions and the rest of the field is easy enough to navigate without much being lost in translation.
3. The eatery on location is good but is also quite limited, guests are encouraged to look into the multiple pensions/restaurants around the slopes for meals if they require variety.
1. Great value for its price.
2. The meals prepared were varied and tasted very good! Definitely one thing we missed.
3. Quite far from town center. For those who want to eat out after skiing, it's recommended that you get a car or hire a cab to send you back to the pension. The host provides pick up and drop off in the mornings (8-9 am) and early evenings (5-7pm) and we found that it fit our schedules perfectly.4. Given the price and the transport option, it's no surprise that this pension sees a lot of customers. Book early!
Service1. You guys are amazing as always Hisae.Definitely looking forward to use your service again.
Late Feb 2016
We were made to feel very welcome by Joe and his family as Akaneyado and felt like we were staying in their house which was very cosy and tidy.
The breakfast and occasional evening meal that we had were healthy, fresh and traditional Japanese style.
Joe even cleared snow off our car for us and also provided a lot of useful information about the local area and the skiing.
The accommodation is in a nice rural location about 20 minutes from Furano and an hour from Tokachi-dake.
Thanks to Joe and his family - we will be back!
Attached photo is of Akaneyado accommodation.